Monday, February 18, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday #2

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.

This week's Top Ten Tuesday is looking at our favorite characters in whatever genre you choose. 


1. Penryn from Angelfall
Raffe: “I never kid about my warrior demigod status." 

Penryn:"Oh. My. God." I lower my voice, having forgotten to whisper. "You are nothing but a bird with an attitude. Okay, so you have a few muscles, I’ll grant you that. But you know, a bird is nothing but a barely evolved lizard. That’s what you are.”


2. Rose Hathaway from Vampire Academy
Dimitri: "She might be wild and disrespectful, but if she has potential—"
Rose: "Wild and disrespecful? Who the hell are you anyway? Oursourced help?"
Kirova: "Guardian Belikov is the Princess Lissa's guardian now, her sanctioned guardian."

Rose: "You got cheap foreign labor to protect Lissa?” 
Zoey Deutch as Rose Hathaway in the upcoming movie
3. Saba from Blood Red Road
Saba:“I never knew that missin somebody could hurt, I says. But it does. Deep inside. Like it's in my bones. We ain't never bin apart till now. Never. I dunno how to be without him. It's like... I ain't nuthin.”
Love,love, love her accent. I find that a hit or miss among most readers.
4. Eona from  Eon
Prince Kygo:“I have never heard a lady say 'arse.'"
Eona:"I haven't been a lady for long. For five years I've been saying 'arse.' It's hard to stop saying 'arse' after that many years. I suppose I should stop saying 'arse,' since ladies don't say-"
Kygo:"'Arse',"( he finished for me.) 
 Eona: :)

5. Kate Daniels from Magic Bites
“Not only will you sleep with me, but you will say 'please.'"
I stared at him, shocked. 
The smile widened. "You will say 'please' before and 'thank you' after." 
Nervous laughter bubbled up. "You've gone insane. All that peroxide in your hair finally did your brain in, Goldilocks.” 

6. Karou from Daughter of Smoke and Bone 
Can I have her hair?
7. Rhiannon from Dead, Undead,and Somewhere in Between 

8. Celaena from Glass of Throne

9. Scarlet from Scarlet
10. Goes to all the heroes of these corresponding books!

7 comments:

  1. I've only read Scarlet out of all of these. But I have "Throne Of Glass" as well! Great list!

    New Follower!

    Here is my list: http://thewhiteunicornfiction.blogspot.com/2013/02/top-ten-characters-from-books-that-deal.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rose is one of my favorite characters EVER :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I need to read like nearly all of these still. I'm about to read Throne of Glass though. Thanks for sharing and great list.

    Here's my Tuesday meme post

    ~Danica PageTaking it one Page at a Time

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've only read "Daughter of Smoke and Bone" but I think Karou should be on every list ever! :) ~daphne

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Rose from Vampire Academy! Great list :)

    Here's my Top Ten!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need to read a lot of these, but Eona...I really do like her! And...I really need to read Daughter Of Smoke And Bone. Great list!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate and read every comment. If you leave a proper link, I will be sure to check it out. :)