Thursday, February 14, 2013

Feature and Follow #4

Feature & Follow is a blog hop hosted by Parajunkee and Alison Can Read. The purpose is to meet new people and gain more followers in the book blogging community. If this is your first time here, welcome! You are about to make some new friends and gain new followers. But you have to know, the point of this hop is to follow other bloggers also. I follow you, you follow me. 

Hello internet, welcome to my humble blog. I don't have much yet but that's because I literally made this blog less than a month ago. I love people, so it's nice to meet you. If you do choose to follow me, then I love you, and I always return the favor. Thanks for visiting and have an awesome day/night/afternoon/whatever time zone you live in! :D

ACTIVITY:  Write a letter to your favorite character. Rant, rave or gush…just pretend like they are real and you just want to let them know a "few things". - Activity courtesy of author, Kelly Walker. 


My letter is to Saba from Moria Young's Dustland Series (check it out if you haven't already)

How'dy Saba, 

Ah don't knaw how y'all sourthern' people talk, since Ah ain't from dere, but Ah shure do like yous accent. (I felt like I just butchered the southern accent). GIRL, we need to hang out so you could teach me all those kicka** moves. I just want to let you know I love you, even though you don't know me. Sometimes I want to strangle you, but I still love you. I swear I'm not a creeper.
Also, what is with you and animals? Do you have some kind of magical ability that lets you talk to animals? I can't even get my dog to sit, let alone trust her with my life. You're so lucky to have Nero watching your back.

Later,
Jelly

P.S. Be nice to Emmi. She's just a kid. 

P.S.S. You better hold on tight to Jack or I just might come along to steal him. ;)

21 comments:

  1. How have I never read this series?? I feel like I know 'em thanks to your letter :)

    I wrote to Stephanie Plum @ The Brunette Librarian

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome letter! Even though I haven't read this book, I feel like I already have some insight into Saba.

    Mine can be viewed @ Marilyn's Mystery Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, very nice letter!
    I'll have to get hold of those books and give them a read!

    I'm your new follower! You can find my FF @ http://oblahblah.blogspot.com/2013/02/feature-and-follow-friday.html

    You can also stalk me on Twitter if you're that way inclined @OrisiB

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved this book, haven't read the second one yet but it's on my list. PageGirlsPageofBookReviews

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your letter! Especially your southern accent! Makes it connect that much more! New GFC follower.

    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love how you to write the accent! I haven't read the series, but you've made me curious. I'll definitely be checking it out as soon as I can. Thanks for stopping by my blog earlier. ♥♥♥

    Raina @ The LUV'NV — this week's feature blog.
    (Old follower via GFC)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not familiar with the series, but checking it out. I liked your use of an accent in your letter.

    Jessica @ Literary etc
    (new follower via GFC)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much for stopping by my blog, Jelly!

    I haven't read the Dustland Series, but I enjoyed your letter!

    I'm an old follower of yours!

    J.B. :D

    http://jbkantt.blogspot.com/2013/02/follow-me-friday-27.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOL Love it Jelli.

    Pls consider listing your blog on YA Blogosphere it's directory listing for all YA-related blogs that I contribute to. If your interested pls email me on yablogosphere@gmail.com.

    My Feature & Follow Friday

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's a really creative way of writing your letter, and very difficult to do. :)) I love Saba too! *fist pumps*

    New follower via GFC. :)

    Click HERE for our FF.

    Louisse @ The Soul Sisters

    ReplyDelete
  12. How awesome is your letter? Very! I haven't read the book, but it for sure is a must now. And you haven't butchered the language, seriously, that was good. lol.

    New follower via GFC.

    J'adore Happy Endings

    ReplyDelete
  13. How I love this week's activity! Everybody is so original with their letters! And I'm still finding more books to add to my TBR shelves!

    I'm a new GFC follower, here's my my FF post if you want to check it out.

    have a fantastic Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Saba is such an awesome heroine! That reminds me- I still need to read Rebel Heart. Great letter!

    Thanks for stopping by and following! Following you back via GFC.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just hopping by, enjoyed your letter.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2013/02/feature-follow_15.html

    ReplyDelete
  16. Good one! :)

    old follower
    http://itchingforbooks.blogspot.com/2013/02/feature-and-follow-36.html

    ReplyDelete
  17. Haha this letter made me laugh, I like your southerner spelling it bought a smile to my face :') I must check out these series

    New Follower via GFC

    Please check out my F&FF

    Annoushka @ My F&FF on Annoushka Reads

    ReplyDelete
  18. Haha, I'll be fighting you for Jack ;) Loved the southern accent, btw ~ I could totally hear it in my mind as I read it. Saba is totally kick butt and I really, really need to get to her second book. Loved your letter! *New Follower*

    Keely @ Realms of an Open Mind

    ReplyDelete
  19. I haven't heard of this series! But I'll be checking it out now!

    p.s. I'm from Alabama, and while we do say "Ya'll" quite often enough, it's mostly just the old folks who talk in that slow southern drawl ;)

    Thanks for stopping by and following my blog! Following back via GFC!

    -Sonnie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Y'all southern people are so lucky. It seems like everyone has a cool accent except for me, the British, the Aussies, and practically every other accents in the world.

      Delete
  20. I have never heard of this series, great letter though :)

    New Follower via GFC :)

    My F&F Post :)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate and read every comment. If you leave a proper link, I will be sure to check it out. :)