Monday, July 1, 2013

June Favorites

Favorite Books of the Month 
The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
Blurb:
Set during World War II in Germany, Markus Zusak’s groundbreaking novel is the story of Liesel Meminger, a foster girl living outside of Munich. Liesel scratches out a meager existence for herself by stealing when she encounters something she can’t resist–books. With the help of her accordion-playing foster father, she learns to read and shares her stolen books with her neighbors during bombing raids as well as with the Jewish man hidden in her basement before he is marched to Dachau. 

The country is holding its breath. Death has never been busier, and will become busier still.

5☆s Probably one of my favorite books ever. Death is haunted by humans. 
The Fault in Our Stars by John Green 
Blurb:
Despite the tumor-shrinking medical miracle that has bought her a few years, Hazel has never been anything but terminal, her final chapter inscribed upon diagnosis. But when a gorgeous plot twist named Aug.ustus Waters suddenly appears at Cancer Kid Support Group, Hazel's story is about to be completely rewritten
5☆s This one is a stunner, left me breathless. I wish there are more people like Hazel and Augustus living in this world...and less of people like Peter Van Houten. John Green, I salute you for writing this beautiful novel. I have faith that you are nothing like Peter Van Houten. I'm going to read Looking for Alaska next. Please don't make me cry. 

June Playlist 
Young and Beautiful- Lana Del Rey (The Great Gatsby Soundtrack (; )
Summertime Sadness-Lana Del Rey
Still Into You-Paramore 
Let Her Go- Passenger
Things that Stop You Dreaming-Passenger
San Francisco- The Mowglis ( A must listen!)
Paper Dolls-John Mayer
Home- Edward Sharpe and The Magnetic Zeros 
Cough Syrup- Young the Giant ( ON REPEAT)
Comes and Goes (In Waves)-Greg Laswell
Even If It Breaks Your Heart- [Will Hoge's Cover] Eli Young Band
Next To Me- Emeli Sande
Little Secrets-Passion Pit 
Stars-The xx (One of my new favorite band)
Heart Skip a Beat- The xx
Undercover Martyn- Two Door Cinema Club
Step- Vampire Weekend
Flowers In Your Hair- The Lumineers
Sara Bareilles Live! I went to her concert and she was amazing. 

Quote of the Month
"Those who find ugly meanings in beautiful things are corrupt without being charming. This is a fault."-Oscar Wilde, The Picture of Dorian Gray 

“There are infinite numbers between 0 and 1. There's .1 and .12 and .112 and an infinite collection of others. Of course, there is a bigger infinite set of numbers between 0 and 2, or between 0 and a million. Some infinities are bigger than other infinities. A writer we used to like taught us that. There are days, many of them, when I resent the size of my unbounded set. I want more numbers than I'm likely to get, and God, I want more numbers for Augustus Waters than he got. But, Gus, my love, I cannot tell you how thankful I am for our little infinity. I wouldn't trade it for the world. You gave me a forever within the numbered days, and I'm grateful.” - John Green, The Fault in Our Stars

Random Favorite 
Bolthouse Farms carrot juice. So good, not even kidding. 
Happy July! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate and read every comment. If you leave a proper link, I will be sure to check it out. :)