Monday, July 1, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday #5

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.
This week's topic is your Top Ten Most Intimidating Book. I have to say this is a hard topic. Hmm..

1. The Fault In Our Stars by John Green
2 Reasons. (1) It is one of the most hyped book of 2012 and (2) people start telling me how they end up bawling their eyes out.  I hate reading books with unhappy endings. Ironically enough, I read it and end up loving it.
2. Forbidden by Tabitha Suzuma
Incest. *Awkward* Have yet to read it.
3. A Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin 

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the tv show. I just never got around to reading the book, so I am kind of scared to now.  Fingers-crossed that it won't ruin my experience with the show.
4. Siege and Storm by Leigh Bardugo 

Have you ever had reader's block with continuing a series? When I first read Shadow and Bones, I fell in love and was devastated to hear that the sequel won't be out until a while. However, now that it is out, I'm too occupied by my current read to even spare it a second glance. Now it's sitting on my tbr shelf collecting dust. (To be honest, I may have forgotten the storyline of the Shadow and Bone but hey it's been over a year!)
5. Stolen: A Letter To My Captor by Lucy Christopher 

Abduction, Thriller, and suspense. Oh my! I have been eying this one for a while but I heard it has a devasting ending. YIKES!
6. The Shining by Stephen King

This one takes the literal meaning of intimidating. If the book is anything like the movie...
This is an accurate representation of me. Stay classy Wendy Torrance.
7. Unwind by Neal Shusterman 

Oh My God. This book sounds so disturbing. I mean making people out of intestines...I'm wary of it but I am curious too. #Curiosity killed the cat. #But cats have 9 lives
8. The Casual Vacancy by J.K. Rowling

I know you shouldn't be comparing this book to HP. But come on, HP is legend. Am I expecting way too much?
9. The Sound and the Fury by William Faulkner

Face it, this one is a no brainer. " Incest, castration, suicide, racism, misogyny  " Who had to tough this one down in english class?
10. Books with Negative Reviews
Be careful with what you say on the internet. A person's opinion can easily cloud my judgment. You can take an immensely popular book with millions of 5 stars ratings and make me turn 180 about my decision to read it with 1 persuasive, negative review.

Feel free to link me your TTT. 

1 comment:

  1. Glad other people feel the same about The Casual Vacancy! Also happy you gave TFIOS a chance and that you liked it! :) Forbidden definitely has intimidating subject material. Unwind is a really good read and except for 1 scene, I didn't find it *that* scary. Stolen is also great. It definitely has an intense ending, though!

    Great list! Thanks for stopping by my TTT!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate and read every comment. If you leave a proper link, I will be sure to check it out. :)