Monday, April 15, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday #4

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.
The topic I chose is TOP TEN BOOKS THAT MADE ME THINK. Hmm now I have to think of books that made me think. Let's jump right into it!

1. Thoughtless by S.C. Stephens
Ohh the irony of the title. Did I like this book? Hell to the naw. Did it made me think? You betcha. I was so fuming by the time that I had to put it down. I am infuriated with the carelessness and selfishness of the heroine. Does two years of relationship mean so little to her that she had to sleep with her boyfriend's best friend. That is not ok!!!! I cannot see anyways that you can justify her actions. She could have at least come clean to her boyfriend and break up with him but noooo she had to keep both. I understand the fragility of human relationships but how can someone be so carelessly tossed aside. Now I am just ranting, see what this book did to me! 
(Disclaimer: I have read S.C. Stephens' other series and enjoyed it! What I can't stand is cheating. Ugh. Over and out)


2. To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
I read this during freshman year in high school. Some books are so deeply woven that I have nothing much to say except that Atticus Finch is my hero. Life is not fair but don't let such injustices blind you from other people's kindness and benevolence.
3. The Giving Tree by Shel Silverstein
Ok, I know this is a children's book but you got to hear me out. This book does not preach selfishness but rather the value of giving. Besides the moral of the story, this book holds sentimental value to my childhood.
4. Sempre by J.M. Darhower
It's hard to believe that slavery still exists at this turn of the century. Human trafficking is real and it is scary. 
5. Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson
Ahh peer pressure, fitting in, and speaking up for yourself. Laurie Halse Anderson addresses the toughest issues of high school and more in this coming of age novel. I LOVE this book. 

6. Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling
How can I not put this on my list? It's Harry freaking Potter.We all need a little fantasy in our every day life. Dream big. Holy crap I want to fly on a broomstick and play a good ole game of quidditch. Alright which one of you guys stole my Hogwarts acceptance letter?
7. Enclave by Ann Aguirre
I think number 7 goes out to all dystopian novels. (It's just that Enclave is one of my favorites!) With today's technology and other advantages of this century, many of us take for granted little things, like cars, faucet water, grocery food, and the weatherman. Internet. Right, how can I forget the internet?? Imagine living in a world with no indoor plumbing or toilet paper. *shudders
8. Tuck Everlasting by Natalie Babbitt
We all know about the perks of immortality but in reality how many of us would actually choose to live forever? I know a lot of vampire books address the whole "forever young" deal but this book shot that horse in the face when I first read it in sixth grade. At that age, I thought about how awesome it is to live forever, but now I finally get why Winnie chose not to drink from the spring. Smart girl.
9. Dust Lands by Moira Young
I need to choose a "fun" book. This book reminded me a lot about my sisters and I. One of them is older than me and our relationship reminds me a lot of Saba and Lugh. We do almost everything together and people actually used to think we were twins. We are close, at least I like to think we are ( and if she is reading this, don't flatter yourself). While my younger sisters and I's relationship is a bit more rocky just like Emmy's and Saba's. We fight. But that doesn't mean I love her less. Ew this is starting to get cheesy.



10.The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
I'm still in the process of reading this one,and if it's already on this list before I even finished it, that says something. ;)That's all I will say for now.

That's enough of my blabbering.I am curious about your TTT, feel free to leave a link! :)

8 comments:

  1. To Kill a Mockingbird is one of my favorite books, and The Giving Tree is such a good book too! :) I chose Top Ten Favorite Quotes from Books: http://aliceinreaderland.com/2013/04/15/quotes/

    Alice @ Alice in Readerland

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sempre definitely made me think, about slavery and how it still goes on. And the Book Thief? Yeah, that book made me think a little too much. *sobs*

    Link: http://lyricalletter.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read any of them but HP, but I have many on my TBR pile and I'm looking forward to them.

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY! You're the only one I've seen so far with the same topic as me :D But the only one we have in common is HP.. :)
    Top Ten Tuesday @ Divergent Gryffindor

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ugh Speak made me think, but it also made me useless for several days because I couldn't stop thinking about it :P It's such an amazing book! I like how Harry Potter's on this list. All I have to do is think about how awesome those books are, and that's enough XD

    ReplyDelete
  6. To Kill A Mockingbird is an exceptional book for this list. It really does make you think. Enclave is on my TBR. I will have to move it up. Thanks for stopping by my TTT.

    Chelsea @ Starbucks & Books Obsession

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great post! Love The Giving Tree and To Kill a Mockingbird, and, of course, HP!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great list! I still think back to Kill A Mockingbird to this day! I still need to read The Book Thief!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate and read every comment. If you leave a proper link, I will be sure to check it out. :)